Sunday, May 13, 2012
A Thought
It is interesting to note that there are cities out there that I would feel an absolute country girl walking into- where people are so dense as to create a jungle of humanity. I wonder if I could loose myself there... or if once I got there I would be more alone than ever before. Can one feel God there? Is it possible to believe in Him in a place that screams so loudly of the superiority of man? In such places, I would undoubtedly miss the sighing of the wind through the trees and the moon smiling down at me from where she sits enthroned among the court of the stars. I, who have once again found wonder would suffer without the gentle rain to grant me moments of peace. I, who have struggled so hard to find my God would die there; My soul would shrivel into an invisible corpse and my body would then quietly bury it in a planter outside the window, unmourned by a busy world of concrete and plaster.