Monday, February 25, 2013

Prayer


I halfway think,
That I might need a prayer…
Every second of the day.
That we all might need it,
With every step, every breath, every word.
And what a prayer it would be…
God? Are You listening?
My heart beats it for me;
Father, May I go on for a moment more…
And a moment afterwards, and another moment after that…
Until the heart changes its prayer
God? I am so tired. Please… let me rest.
And when the heart is not praying
Then may it be with my breath.
…Please… Thank You…
In, out.
May that breath not be my last,
May that air keep me standing
Just one more breath, Dear Lord,
Or maybe two, and few more…
…Please… Thank You…
And if not with my heart or my breath,
Then with my feet will I pray.
One more step,
One more shuffle toward Thee, my Father
One more stride along Thy chosen way.
You know each hair, each breath, each step
Each day, life, week through
So God, let each of these 
be my prayer unto You.
Please... Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment